Compatible with Patch 1.79 ~ No Update Needed
~ September 20th 2021 ~ Updated Italian strings.
~ July 25th 2021 ~ Updated Portuguese translation.
~ June 11th 2021 ~ Updated French translation.
~ June 10th 2021 ~ Multiple updates today!
- The Custom Whims and The Personality Mod are now split into separate downloads. The Personality Mod adds the traits to the reward store but the Custom whims are now separate. If you do not install the Custom Whims package, you will not see my Custom-made whims.
- Frank’s Pack Test Mod is no longer required. The code wasn’t working properly and it turns out Whims won’t support it. The mod is still safe to use even if you don’t have all the packs listed.
- Fixed the ‘Own A Business’ whim so purchasing a business from the computer also completes the whim.
- Updated the ‘Become A Spellcaster’ whim because it didn’t seem to complete consistently. Now it should.
- Updated the ‘Have Baby’ whim so it should complete, regardless of where the birth takes place.
- Fixed the Public Woohoo whim so it should actually complete all the time. Thanks everyone for your feedback with this one!
- Fixed a series of small tuning errors. While these didn’t stop the mod from working, they were irritating me. Thank you ChippedSim for your assistance with locating and fixing these!
- Updated Russian translation.
~ May 20th 2021 ~ Added Chinese translation.
~ May 17th 2021 ~ Updated Polish translation. Added Danish translation.
~ May 16th 2021 ~
- Made the entire mod Base Game compatible. You will need Frankk’s Pack Test Mod installed! The mod does nothing on its own but does allow my mod to be properly base game compatible. You will get Last Exception errors if you do not have Frankk’s mod installed. This now means you will no longer get whims come up if you do not have all the listed packs. Thank you ChippedSim for the suggestion!
- Fixed the ‘Buy Small Pet’ whim. It wasn’t completing properly but now it is.
- Updated and improved the ‘Ask To Move In’ whim. Now the whim is more specific and will not generate if your Sim’s partner is in the active household. It will show up for any of the reward traits, except Romance Sims. They will never roll this whim. Thank you to Marco for all the help with targeted whims!
- Increased priority of the whimsets. Now the whims in this mod should show up more frequently.
- Decreased priority for whims relating to buying objects.
- Updated French, Dutch, Russian and German translations.
- Added new whims:
-Public Woohoo (Romance Sim)
-Visit A Haunted House (Knowledge Sim)
-Move House (Fortune Sim)
– Go Streaking (Pleasure Sim)
~ 13th May 2021 ~ Added Russian and Italian translations.
~ 11th May 2021 ~ Added Polish translation.
~ 10th May 2021 ~ Added Portuguese translation. Tweaked some of the Satisfaction rewards to make whims like Have A Baby and Own a Business more worthwhile.
~ 9th May 2021 ~ Added German translation.
The Personality Mod is the first larger mod I’ve made for The Sims 4.
You Will Need:
- XML Injector ~ This makes the traits show up in the reward store. Don’t worry; the XML Injector doesn’t add anything to your game, it just allows this mod to work as intended. You need at least Version 3.
What Does It Do?
The Personality Mod adds 6 reward traits to the Reward Store. Each of these traits are inspired by the six Aspirations from Sims 2: Family, Fortune, Knowledge, Pleasure, Popularity and Romance. Each trait costs 0 Satisfaction Points, so you can add the traits to newly created sims, straight out of Create-A-Sim.
Each trait has it’s own set of Whims and those whims are directly inspired by the appropriate Wants from Sims 2. Because of this, the reward traits act like a base personality and influence the whims your Sim puts in.
For example, a Fortune Sim may wish to own their own business; a Family Sim may want to have a baby or adopt a dog; A Knowledge Sim will be curious about the supernatural etc.
The traits do not have any Buffs or interactions associated with them; just whims.
While there were some excellent whims available to suit each trait, I felt like many were missing. As a result, I set about creating my own. This mod contains around 40 new whims, each associated with the six reward traits. Among those whims are several whims for individual careers. Each of those whims will only turn up if a Sim has certain traits or skills, so they won’t be random.
Once again, the new whims are based on Wants from Sims 2 and should line up fairly nicely.
The Technical Details
There are two packages available for download. The Personality Mod package contains the reward traits and has attached to them all the Maxis whims relating to those traits. The additional Custom Whims package has all my custom-made whims inside it. Download both if you want the custom whims too.
This mod is Base Game Compatible. You’ll see additional whims if you have the following packs installed:
Get To Work
Cats & Dogs
Realm of Magic
My First Pet Stuff
The mod currently supports the following translations:
Dutch (Britt Boons)
German (Hendrik McSims)
Spanish (Sabrina Garcia)
No known issues at this time.
This mod doesn’t conflict with any other mods at this time.
In the future, I plan a few updates for the mod:
~ New whims: I want to include some new whims relating to later packs. Additionally, I want to include a few more to line up better with Sims 2; particularly for Pleasure, Family and Romance sims.
~ Interaction Menu: I have had a request for an interaction to add the traits to the Sim, so I will be working to include this in an update soon(ish).
~ An interaction to allow Sims to discover another Sim’s personality.
Thank you to everybody who’s been so enthusiastic as I get this project off the ground! You’re all incredible and I really appreciate all the support. Thank you!
All feedback is welcome, so please don’t be afraid to drop a comment. Any issues, please let me know and I’ll do my best to solve them!
Without the following people, this mod would never have come to light:
AnotherPlumbob, for the idea and for early testing and feedback.
Zer0 and Mirai M on Discord for their input and suggestions to get started.
Scumbumbo for creating the XML Injector and Triplis for updating and maintaining it.
ChippedSim for suggesting using Frankk’s mod to make this one Base Game compatible and for answering my questions.
Marco for helping getting targeted whims to work!
Frankk for creating the Pack Test mod.
Zerbu for the Mod Constructor
The creators of Sims 4 Studio
Sabrina Garcia, Britt Boons, Kimikosoma, Hendrik McSims, Viniciusvill, webkinzfrog, Origamika, Isy, Josie and GreenOnionC for translating!